What is Google Panda
Google has started using its latest search algorithm known as the Farmer or Panda update. The update’s key factor is targeting content farms. A content farm is a website that generates large amounts of textual content that is specifically designed to satisfy search algorithms for maximal hits by automated search engines. Their sole purpose is to generate advertising revenue by attracting reader page views.
As has been the case always, it is tough to get the exact information from Google about what to avoid but here are some tips which may prove to be useful.
- Avoid pages with duplicate content.
- Poor performing pages should be fixed. Use Google analytics. Bounce rate, time on page, etc.
- Fix spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
- Providing a good user experience like design, usability, etc are some factors which will also be considered.
- Webpages with more advertisements than content will suffer in Google's results.
Websites with poor content should be rewritten to meet the Google standards. If the content cannot be changed, then it should be removed.
The main aim is to keep the content of the website of real high quality. As always: Content is ing